PARAÑAQUE, MANILA – Last 03 August 2022, DOLE MIMAROPA conducted the Regional Consultation relative to the development of Jobsfit 2022-2025 Labor Market Information Report at Extremeli Suites, Parañaque, Manila. This program is aimed to convene relevant stakeholders to discuss current and future employment prospects and gathering of inputs to update information for both labor and supply in MIMAROPA Region.
Participants were from the government sector such as DTI, NEDA, PSA, PRC, TESDA and Regional PESO Federation Officers in MIMAROPA.
During the consultation, the following topics were discussed:
1. Current Labor Force Situation in MIMAROPA and the Projected Population of the region by Year 2025 by Mr. Emerson V. Caisip of PSA MIMAROPA;
2. Updates on Ambisyon Natin 2040 which highlighted the Philippine Development Plan 2023-2028 and the MIMAROPA Economic Growth Projection by RD Agustin C. Mendoza of NEDA MIMAROPA;
3. Digital Economy/e-Commerce and the MIMAROPA Industry Profile by Mr. Joel Lorenzo Guevara of DTI;
4. MIMAROPA Skills Priority based on National Technical Education and Skills Development by Ms. Vanessa Evangelist of TESDA; and,
5. Updates of PESO Employment Information System and PhilJobNet to provide fast and effective employment service to jobseekers and clients by Ms. Katherine Pineda of DOLE MIMAROPA
The JobsFit LMI Report is the Bureau of Local and Employment main LMI publication that contains information on Key Employment Generating Sectors, Emerging Industries, In-Demand and Hard-to-Fill Occupations, as well as action agenda for identified industry gaps and challenges. It has both national and regional LMI reports which aid researchers, policymakers and stakeholders towards informed policymaking and program development.